Welcome to the East Coast Bias!

Blogged, hosted, and edited by Team ECB. Team ECB consists of Brendan Canney and Jason Mish.

Winner Of The Philadelphia Film Festival

Home

A Philly Philms production, The Palestra: Cathedral of Basketball provides a vivid history of the most storied college basketball venue in NCAA history, The Palestra. Through interviewing past players (Corky Calhoun), coaches (John Chaney and Jack Ramsay), and local media (Harry Kalas and Dick "Hoops" Weiss) writer and director Mikaelyn Austin paints a deeply moving picture of what is was like playing and watching a game at The Palestra.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day


I just wanted to comment on and thank all the dads on their day that have helped their sons and daughters appreciate sports. My dad, Daniel Joseph Canney, was always active in whatever sport I played. He helped out at soccer practice, baseball practices, and even coached my basketball teams until I was too old to play in an organized league. I began my love affair with basketball because of my dad and still have the same passion for the game even today. Along with my grandfather, Bill Allen, and my step-dad, Don Harkins, all of them have helped me grow my love for sports beyond just basketball and football to include soccer and baseball. And even though it's father's day, I couldn't forget about my mom who always got me to my games and made sure my uniform was clean. But it is after all father's day and I want to give a big thanks to all dads across the globe. I raise my glass to you!

0 comments:

by TemplatesForYouTFY
SoSuechtig, Burajiru